Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Easiest Apple Pie



I don't know if I lucked out or if I just stumbled across the easiest method to making apple pie. It is easy because I didn't measure a thing. some would say that is not a great idea. But we are not making cake here. there are no leavening ingredients so I just eyeballed my way through it.

So obviously, peel and slice thin a bunch of apples, and I mean a bunch! Buy frozen pie crust and thaw while you are cutting the apples. I had enough apples I made two pies. The first one is your typical apple pie. Turn one of the pie crusts upside down on a piece of wax paper. Take all of the slices apples and add about a cup a flour. And remember I made the apple filling for two pies together. Then add about the same amount of sugar, less if you would like it more tart. The juice from one lemon. And then pumpkin pie spices to your liking. Clove, Cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla if you would like. Mix it all together with your hands.

For the traditional pie, just fill the pie crust until it is over flowing the crust. Take the upside down pie crust, roll it out and cover the filled crust. Pinch the two pie crusts together and bake for about 40 minutes, just watch it and make sure your crust isn't burning.

for the other pie, I made an apple, pecan crumb pie. Instead of topping the pie with another crust, I just mixed brown sugar, flour, and pecans and sprinkled on top.

Both really easy, no recipe required, just a little guidance!

No comments:

Post a Comment